Smoky Mountain Lodge
The Smoky Mountain Lodge is the only remote fly in heli ski lodge in the lower 48 states. It is located west of Sun Valley in the South Fork of the Boise River drainage. The luxurious 6-bedroom Lodge provides a backcountry get away with all the amenities of home. Breakfasts and dinners are prepared by a local chef. Lunches are served in the field in the middle of each day’s heli trip. Amenities and other activities include wi-fi, sauna, cross country skiing and snowshoeing.
4 Day Package- $7,500 per person
3 Day Package- $6,000 per person
- This adventure is for intermediate and expert skiers and riders.
- It includes six runs per day with vertical drops ranging from 1,500 to 3,000 feet.
- Extra runs are available for $125 per run.
- Sun Valley Heli also provides Mammut RAS Rocker 18 airbags and Mammut Barryvox Avalanche Transceivers to all our guests.
- Guests are guaranteed 18 runs and will receive a $95 credit for each run less than 18 that are skied, if the shortfall is due to weather or matters within Sun Valley Heli’s control.
DAY 1 :
Guests will arrive at our Warm Springs Sun Valley office at 8 in the morning of the first day. We will then provide a presentation on helicopter safety, backcountry skiing and avalanche preparedness and procedures. Following that, one group of four will proceed to the Warm Springs lift at Sun Valley and will be picked up by the helicopter at the top of Bald Mountain. The other group or groups will be taken by Sun Valley Heli Ski’s heli-van to our Baker Creek or other staging area. The guests will be picked up by helicopter and taken to the backcountry to join the other group for an amazing day of helicopter skiing. Lunch will be served mid-day in the field, usually in a sunny and wind protected location. At the conclusion of the day, the helicopter will ferry all of our guests to the Smoky Mountain Lodge, where they will be able to relax, sip a beverage, hop in the sauna and prepare for a wonderful dinner.
DAY 2 :
After breakfast, at approximately 10 a.m., guests will gather to prepare for that days’ heli-ski adventure. Following what should be a great day in the backcountry, with lunch in the field, the helicopter will once again ferry the guests back to the Smoky Mountain Lodge.
DAY 3 :
After breakfast, the guests will once again gather for the last day of helicopter skiing. We will try to ski different zones as we head back towards Sun Valley and civilization. Upon landing, guests will be taken back to our Warm Springs office where transportation can be arranged to take them to their departure spots or lodging for the evening.
DEPARTURE INSTRUCTION :
Upon landing after the final day, guests will be brought back to our Warm Springs office where transportation can be arranged to take them to their departure spots or lodging for the evening.
- Reserve a Massage at the Lodge (you must book in advance)
- Extended Nightly Stay Available
- Extra Gear Shuttle
- Guests Allowed to Bring Alcohol