TERMS & CONDITIONS
Sun Valley Heli Ski pride's ourselves on our exceptional customer service and the Heliskiing experiences which we provide. In return we ask that our guests understand that we must make advanced financial and time commitments in order to provide these services. Helicopter skiing/riding is a complexed experience. We put every effort into making sure all of the ingredients over which we have control of are in place to provide you with an exceptional ski experience. We ask that you understand that certain elements of the experience are beyond our control, including weather, snow conditions and skier ability levels on a particular trip.
MAKING A RESERVATION
SVHS requires 50% of trip cost as a deposit at time of reservation. with the remaining balance due 72 hrs prior to the flying date. If reservation is made within 72 hrs prior to reservation date, payment is due in full. Complete reservation form, 50% deposit, and a signed tour participant contract are required to confirm your reservation. There are no exceptions and your seat will be subject to reassignment. The tour participant contract is a written acknowledgement of SVHS’s run, refund, and cancellation policies. If reservation is canceled prior to 45 days of your flying date, you will recieve a full refund less $150 per seat administration fee. Failure to pay final balance by the due date will result in the cancellation of your reservation and no refund will be given.
HELI-SKI RUN POLICY 6 Runs per day are guaranteed. The charge for exceeding the maximum guaranteed daily runs is $125 per run per person. 6 runs constitute a full day and will be the basis for any refunds issued. If you don’t achieve 6 runs, the refund is $95 per run per person. Charges and credits may be placed in your account and will be subject to the policies then in effect for future usage.
WEIGH IN POLICY
• Each guest will be asked to step on the scale at our office prior to skiing, so we can accurately calculate weights and safe grouping.
• At the elevations we fly to in the mountains, there is an upper limit group and gear weight which cannot exceed 1400 pounds in order to operate safely.
Due to weight limitations, we reserve the right to split your group. Additionally, an individual weighing 240 pounds or more can expect to pay all or part of an extra seat.
SVHS will only book 16 seats per day. A group is comprised of 4 guests and one guide. SVHS will do it’s best to accommodate you on your preferred ski date(s). Your acceptance of the terms and conditions commits you to ski/ride on all of your additional available day(s) in lieu of your preferred ski dates.
As a reservation holder, you are required to remain available to heli-ski until 11 AM on each of your available days. If your trip is canceled due to inclement weather, we will try to reschedule your trip on a space available basis. Reservations are prioritized by sign-up date.
Any requested changes to a reservation date, if feasible for the SVHS Reservation Team, will be charged a $50 per person/per day administrative fee. Reservations carried over to a the next ski season are charged a 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations made 45 days in advance of a reserved flying date will receive a complete refund less a $150 per person/per day administrative fee.
- Any cancellations made less than 45 days in advance of a reserved flying day will result in loss of deposit
- Any cancellations made less than 72 hours in advance of a reserved day will lose the full amount of the day ($1500 per person). It is not the responsibility of SVHS to remind you of your reservation. It is the responsibility of the guest to be on time (8:00am) on their reserved day. No credit will be issued in the event of a no-show.
- Any requested changes to a reservation date, if feasible for the reservation team, will be charged a $50 per person/per day administrative fee.
- If SVHS is unable to deliver a reserved day for any reason, we will try to roll your reservation over to the next available day. If we are fully booked and are unable to accommodate you, a full refund (less a $25 credit card processing fee) will be given. You have no obligation in the event of a day cancelled by SVHS due to weather.
- Heli Ski reservations are based on run achievement. If you choose to miss any skiing for any reason, you will be charged the runs achieved by the groups in the field for that day.
No refunds are issued in part or in whole for unused days due to late arrival, early departure or any other reason.
- No refunds are issued for missed skiing due to skiing ability, fitness, equipment failure, or personal choice. If a skier becomes injured, ill, or requests to leave the field prematurely for any reason, no refund will be made. Additional costs resulting from an evacuation or early departure from the field will be charged to the guest.
- Monies on account from previous years are non-refundable.
- Sun Valley Heli Ski reserves the right to cancel any ski day at any time. If Sun Valley Heli Ski is unable to deliver a reserved day of helicopter skiing due to the inability to meet minimum group requirements, snow conditions, or other cause subject to SVHS’s discretion, we will reschedule your heli ski days.
AS WITH HELI-SKIING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT ANY HELI SKI PACKAGE COULD BE “SHUT OUT” DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS. IN THIS CASE, REFUNDS ARE BASED UPON THE ABOVE RUN POLICY. THIS CONSTITUTES YOUR REFUND IN ITS ENTIRETY.
Sun Valley Heli Ski strongly recommends that all guests carry Trip Cancellation Insurance, Trip Interruption Insurance, Medical Insurance, and Emergency Evacuation Insurance. These insurance types safeguard you against unforeseen mishaps that can occur before or during your heli vacation with us. OUR REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICIES ARE ABSOLUTE. IF YOU INJURE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU COME OR HAVE CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH CAUSE YOU TO CANCEL YOUR TRIP, YOUR PACKAGE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED BEYOND THE TERMS OF THE ABOVE POLICIES. Depending on the carrier and the policy, such insurance is usually a small fraction of the overall package price and could reimburse you the entire cost of your trip in the event of your cancellation. SVHS recommends using Travel Guard insurance.
Gift certificates are valid for one year from the date of purchase. The actual gift certificate document must be presented in order to qualify for a reservation. A gift certificate may be rolled over for one additional year if the holder has actively made a reservation date with SVHS Reservation Team and the trip was then cancelled by SVHS. There is no charge for this qualified, one-time rollover to the following heli-ski season. If no reservation is made against a gift certificate for one year then the gift certificate is forfeited to SVHS and becomes void.