Reservations and Payment
For Tour participant reservations, SVHS requires 50% of the trip cost as a deposit at the time of the reservation. with the remaining balance due 75 days prior to the departure date. A complete reservation form, 50% deposit, and signed tour participant contracts from each group member is required to confirm your reservation. The tour participant contract is a written acknowledgement of SVHS’s run, refund, and cancellation policies. Failure to pay the final balance by the due date will result in the cancellation of your reservation and the entire loss of your deposit. There are no exceptions to this policy. If a reservation is made within 75 days prior to the departure date, payment is due in full. Any cancellations made less than 75 days in advance of the departure date will result in the loss of the full amount of the purchase price. Charges and credits may be placed in your account and will be subject to the policies then in effect for future usage.
It is important to note that it is not the responsibility of SVHS to remind you of your reservation. It is the responsibility of the guest to be on time (typically 8:00am) at SVHS’s Warm Springs office, or wherever else directed by SVHS, on their first departure date. No credit will be issued in the event of a no-show.
Availability will depend on the activity selected. For heli skiing and riding, SVHS will only book up to 16 seats per day. A ski group is typically comprised of 4 guests and one guide. SVHS will do its best to accommodate you on the desires of your group. However, adjustments may have to be made due to weight restrictions of the aircraft and other related matters. Therefore, you may not get everybody into your desired group. Your acceptance of the terms and conditions commits you to participate on all of your additional available day(s) in lieu of your preferred dates.
Heli skiing and riding reservation holders are required to remain available until 1 PM on their flying days. If your trip is canceled due to inclement weather, we will try to reschedule your trip to the next available day. If SVHS is unable to deliver a reserved day for any reason or if we are fully booked and are unable to accommodate you, a full refund (less a $25 per seat credit card processing fee) will be given. You have no other obligation in the event of a day or trip cancelled by SVHS due to weather.
- No refunds are issued in part or in whole for unused days due to late arrival, early departure or any other reason.
- No refunds are issued for missed skiing or riding due to ability, fitness, equipment failure, or personal choice. If a guest becomes injured, ill, or requests to leave the field prematurely for any reason, no refund will be made. Additional costs resulting from an evacuation or early departure from the field may be charged to the guest.
- SVHS reserves the right to cancel any day at any time for any reason in its sole discretion. If SVHS is unable to deliver a reserved day due to the inability to meet minimum group requirements, snow conditions, or other cause subject to SVHS’s sole discretion, we will reschedule your days.
Weigh-in Policy for Heli Skiing and Riding
· Each guest will be asked to step on the scale at our office prior to skiing and riding, so we can accurately calculate weights and safe grouping.
· At the elevations we fly to in the mountains, there is an upper limit group and gear weight which cannot be exceeded in order to operate safely.
· Due to weight limitations, we reserve the right to split your group. Additionally, an individual weighing 240 pounds or more may expect to pay all or part of an extra seat.
Sun Valley Heli Ski strongly recommends that all guests carry Trip Cancellation Insurance, Trip Interruption Insurance, Medical Insurance, and Emergency Evacuation Insurance. These insurance types safeguard you against unforeseen mishaps that can occur before or during your heli vacation with us. OUR REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICIES ARE ABSOLUTE. IF YOU INJURE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU COME OR HAVE CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH CAUSE YOU TO CANCEL YOUR TRIP, YOUR PACKAGE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED BEYOND THE TERMS OF THE ABOVE POLICIES. Depending on the carrier and the policy, such insurance is usually a small fraction of the overall package price and could reimburse you the entire cost of your trip in the event of your cancellation. SVHS recommends using Travel Guard insurance.
FULL AND HALF DAY HELI SKI AND RIDE RUN POLICY
SVHS guarantees Full Day Heli Ski and Riders 6 runs per day and Half Day Heli Ski and Riders 3 runs per day. If you do not achieve the requisite number of runs, you will receive a refund of $95 per run per person. If you would like to ski or ride additional runs, we will try to accommodate you, subject to weather, snow conditions, logistics and other matters in SVHS’s sole discretion. The charge for exceeding the maximum guaranteed daily runs is $150 per run per person. Heli Ski reservations are based on run achievement. If you choose to miss any skiing for any reason, you will be charged the runs achieved by the groups in the field for that day.
AS WITH HELI-SKIING AND RIDING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT ANY HELI SKI AND RIDE PACKAGE COULD BE CANCELLED IN ITS ENTIRETY OR SHORTENED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS. IN THIS CASE, REFUNDS ARE BASED UPON THE ABOVE RUN POLICY. THIS CONSTITUTES YOUR REFUND IN ITS ENTIRETY.